Photographers of all levels and experience are invited to enter their original work in Conservation Foundation of the Gulf Coast’s inaugural Summer Photo Contest. If you love nature and the outdoors and enjoy taking photos, this is the contest for you!
Works falling into the categories below and showcasing the beauty of Florida’s natural lands will be selected for exhibition by jury. Jurors include presenting sponsor, Elizabeth Moore; noted photographer, Cliff Roles; noted photographer, Stephen B. White; and executive director of Art Center Sarasota, Lisa Berger.
Up to three photographs may be submitted per person and must be received no later than midnight on May 31. Following the submission deadline, jurors will meet to review all submissions and select 10 per category for display in online galleries on the Conservation Foundation website as well as the Conservation Foundation Facebook page.
The virtual competition will award prizes to category winners as selected by the jury as well as People’s Choice winners as determined by popular vote on Facebook.
Download Rules and Conditions and Entry Submission Form.
All submissions should be sent via email to Sam Valentin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In Love with the Land (landscape)
- The Wonder of Water (water-focused)
- Backyard Beauty
- Up Close and Personal
- Youth Perspective
- Photographer must be age 15 or younger.
- Photo must still fall into one of the categories above.
- Best in Show (jury selected): $100 Gift Card
- Overall winner in each category (jury selected): Conservation Foundation Prize Pack
- People’s Choice (popular vote): $100 Gift Card
- Honorable Mention in each category (popular vote): Conservation Foundation Prize Pack
CONTEST RULES AND CONDITIONS
- Anyone may enter contest with the exception of jury members.
- Entrants may submit up to three photos.
- Entries must be submitted with an official entry form and publicity release (up to three
entries per form).
- There is no cost to enter.
- All submissions must be received via email no later than midnight on May 31, 2020.
- Images must be sent as a JPG and cannot exceed 1MB in size
- Image files should be named as follows: TitleOfImage.PhotographerLastName
- Photographs must fall into one of the official contest categories.
- Photographs must be taken within the past year in Florida (location identified on submission form).
- Photograph must be original work owned by the registrant.
- Basic editing is permitted, however no special effects or heavy edits may be applied.
- Text, logos, and/or names cannot be included on photo.
- All photographs are subject to acceptance for exhibition – entering contest does not guarantee your work will be selected.
Any photo not meeting the above rules and guidelines will not be considered for selection.