Conservation Foundation of the Gulf Coast seeks an organized, customer-service oriented Development Officer to help grow support for the organization. The newly created role helps increase revenue from individuals, foundations and corporation, assists in donor and prospect stewardship and cultivation and manages donor data and gift acknowledgement. The ideal applicant has a passion for helping organizations grow to their fullest potential. This position provides the chance to be involved in all aspects of development, including: event planning, donor stewardship, direct asks, and database support.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide significant support to the Director of Philanthropy on annual fundraising events including sponsorship solicitation and revenue enhancement. Coordinate with marketing to help grow event recruitment.
- Manage and grow monthly giving program.
- Assist in design and execution of individual and corporate donor stewardship plans for top donors and prospects. Assist with donor appointments and invitations. Assists in the documentation of all donor stewardship communication including action input in donor database.
- Manage and implement annual calendar of donor and prospect cultivation events including new donor and major donor prospect gatherings.
- Proactively identify, research and analyze potential individual, corporate and foundation prospects.
- Serve as primary manager of acknowledgements process, gift processing and donor materials. Provide donor database support, including queries and reports, data entry, and list management.
- Assists in the preparation of grant applications and reports.
- Assists with development volunteer projects including grant and donor research, data entry, and other projects as needed.
- Assists the Director of Philanthropy with Development Committee meeting materials, attends Development Committee meetings and takes minutes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Outstanding communications skills both written and oral.
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability and willingness to master Raisers Edge software and train others.
- Poise, confidence and an ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- High standards of performance and ability to anticipate problems.
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Proven mastery of Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to swim
- Valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.